When To See Your Dentist
posted: Nov. 25, 2020.
The American Dental Association states that approximately 100 million individuals in the United States don’t see their dentist yearly, even when twice-yearly dental exams have been proven to prevent a host of oral health issues. But regardless of your age, oral health is immensely crucial. If you’re unsure about when to visit your dentist in Roscoe, IL, Dr. Martha Muldowney of Main Square Dental, here are some reasons that you should.
Top Reasons to Visit Your Dentist
- You have extremely sensitive teeth, whether too cold or heat
- You have gums that bleed easily and/or are puffy, reddish, and swollen
- You need to have your dental filling, crown, dentures, bridges, or implants checked out
- You’re pregnant or are planning to conceive
- You have chronic bad taste and/or breath
- You’re having trouble swallowing or chewing
- You have swelling or pain in the mouth, neck, or face
- You often have dry mouth
- You use tobacco products or smoke
- You are at an increased risk for developing tooth decay and/or gum disease
- You have diabetes, an eating disorder, cardiovascular disease, or any medical condition that makes you more vulnerable to oral health diseases
- You notice a sore or spot in your mouth that doesn’t feel or look right
- You find your jaws popping or hurting when you open and close them, upon waking up, or when chewing
- You’re undergoing treatment like HRT, chemotherapy, or radiation therapy
The Importance of Regular Visits to Your Dentist
Primarily, regular visits to your dentist in Roscoe, IL, are vital since these can help detect oral health issues as early as possible when treatment is usually more affordable and simpler. Seeing your dentist for routine checkups is likewise crucial since certain medical conditions or diseases have symptoms that could manifest in the mouth. In addition, even if you’re not experiencing any symptoms yet, you could have a dental issue that only your dentist will be able to diagnose.
Ultimately, continuity of care is a vital component of any effective and sound overall health plan. Keeping your mouth in excellent shape is a crucial part of your general health. It is likewise important to give your dentist updates about your overall health because lots of medical problems could negatively impact your oral health as well.
Don’t Delay. Schedule a Checkup With Your Dentist Now.
Reach out to your dentist in Roscoe, IL, here are at Main Square Dental, Dr. Martha Muldowney, by calling (815) 623-9292.